Thursday, July 14, 2016

80% done with technology

So in actually working through the descriptions and mechanics of all these inventions, I've had to (as I knew that I would) shuffle them around a bit, combine, split, tweak, re-fluff.  Some have gone up in level, some have come down, and (especially) all the automata have gotten more flavorful names.

(I will say this much: the 2nd edition E&E tech is going to be very good at making robots.)

At this moment, I've just finished writing up all the descriptions for 5th level inventions.  I've only got 28 inventions left to go.  (As with writing high level spells, the nice thing about writing high-level inventions is that there doesn't need to be too many of them.)

Another couple of days hacking away at this, and I can finally move onto my favorite subject: monsters!  I don't know if I've ever really articulated this, but I freaking love monsters.  Now, my preference is always for monsters firmly grounded in folklore and mythology.  Monsters from fantasy novels, or monsters original to an RPG?  I always find those kind of "meh".  But properly folkloric monsters resonate with people (in general, not just gamer-nerds).  Anyway, I'm getting ahead of myself here.  I'll discuss monsters properly when I actually have the chance to get into the nitty-gritty.

Suffice it to say for now that I'm planning on doing something special with the monster chapter in E&E.  As the Car Guys used to say, it'll be historic, folkloric, a bit sophmoric, and totally bo-o-o-gus.

Yeah. =D 

No comments:

Post a Comment