Sunday, April 11, 2010

Official-Sounding Status Update

Work on E&E Supplement I goes well. I'm maybe a third of the way through drafting the text, which so far mostly consists of crunchy game-mechanical stuff. Some alternate game rules, a new playable character class (the sentient automaton), some monsters (also various stripes of automata). The rest of the book will be devoted to articles, mini-adventures, and singular descriptions of encounters, items, and NPCs. I'm shooting for a goal of at least eighty pages (mainly for technical reasons -- eighty pages is the minimum size for a perfect-bound book to have spine text, and I do loves me my spine text).

I've also been musing about low-powered gaming, and how the "Epic Six" idea for d20 could all too easily be adapted to the basic edition. It's a cool idea. A variant of this might work its way into my E&E supplement.

Wow, seventh blog post, time to quote Farscape again.

"Human. It’s kinda like Sebacean, but we haven’t conquered other worlds yet, so we just kick the crap out of each other."
—John Crichton, episode 1.7 "PK Tech Girl"

No comments:

Post a Comment